Friday, September 5, 2008

Los Angeles, California I: A Really Big Donut

Nancy and I are visiting Los Angeles--Los Ang-gel-eeze, as the Stranger calls it in The Big Lebowski--to see Colin, Nancy's son, and check out the sights and sounds of Tinseltown. The third time is the charm, I guess. First try was a train trip for Oscar Weekend, but the Coast Starlight was cancelled in Sacramento since it was about 8 hours behind schedule. We rented a car and drove home. The second try was in conjunction with a meeting I was to attend in San Diego, but my trip was canceled and LA along with it. The third time, well, here we are.

As the plane was coming in to LAX, I looked out the window and spied a donut shop with a really big donut on it. Lo and behold, our GPS unit took us right to Randy's on the way to the freeway and our hotel! Eat your heart out Ronna!

No comments: