Sunday, April 1, 2012

Marching Through March: 259 miles and 773 for the 1st Quarter

The end of March brings the first quarterly report: 773 miles, headed for an annual total of just short of 3,100. March was a challenge. Lots of rain. Mostly I was able to skip through the showers, but I did get rained onto the bus a few times. I hate it when that happens. March 31 was a beautiful break in the rain and I waddled a half-marathon, in honor of my daughter's half (she ran though) earlier in the month.




I found out that, although I frequently walk 10 or 11 miles a day, I don't do it in one shot. I was tired and sore at the end of 13.68 miles. And, I had to stop at a friendly watering hole, but they were out of water so I had to have a beer. I don't know what it is with the places I pick, but it seems to be a common theme...

No comments: