Monday, March 15, 2010

Waddling 'Round Memphis

This week finds me in Memphis, Tennessee. After several hours in a couple different Greyhound-Bus-like flights, I needed to stretch my legs and Waddle Towards Fitness. Turns out I'm not the only one waddling around here. I'm staying at the Peabody Hotel, home of the marching ducks.




I headed out on my walk and discovered three things about Memphis. People like music, people like food, and people like booze.
I walked along the street checking out the sights. Everywhere I looked I was tempted.











Steaks, catfish, even a place that advertised that they were "Lent Central" specializing in fish!












I could hear Dr. Rachel Graves, MD, in my ear as I walked by Pig and Miss Polly's. Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease, the sign proclaimed! And, everything is open late! What's a fella to do?











I just patted my emergency Lipator supply and kept right on walking. Wolfpack West reports 2+ tempting miles. Oh, by the way, don't believe that story on poutine over at the other blog...

1 comment:

Ronna said...

Pretty impressed by the neon...and your restraint!