Monday, June 23, 2008

Sheryl Crow the Survivor

Pictured left, Sheryl in the grass strip by the road, feeding on some sort of bug.

Well, I have no idea how she pulled it off, but there was Sheryl on our roof, then our neighbor's tree, then in his yard eating bugs, then across the street in the tree, etc., etc. I walked across the street to take Sheryl's picture while she was eating.





As I approached I thought I saw a faint glimmer of recognition in her eye, but, along came Russell and Mom, cawing and dive-bombing me, so Sheryl flapped up to a roof. Then she managed to fly all the way across the street--a good 35 feet and back into our neighbor's tree. It's easy to follow her now--she has a very distinctive sort of warbling and tentative caw...


Nancy thinks Sheryl is not exactly the brightest beak on the block if you get my drift.

Pictured to the left: Sheryl takes refuge on our neighbor's roof before flapping to a nearby tree. Ma and Russell Crow, watching over Sheryl's attempts to fly.

1 comment:

Ronna said...

That Sheryl, eh? Pretty clever!