Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dispatch From the Sea: Headed Into The Unknown Again


Current location: Latitude: 18.323019 Longitude: -64.926779 Altitude: 95.879766
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=18.323019,-64.926779 No Address Available




As Centuries of Sea Men before me, I bid farewell to a safe harbor, and set sail into the unknown. Okay, so we have radar, GPS, charts, satellite TV, and 1,400 crew members to assist, but still, do you see land out there?





What if the world becomes flat tonight and instead of a resort town on Hispanola, we end up in Wildwood, New Jersey? These are the thoughts swirling in my brain as I order our crew west.  Hoist the mizzensail! Make fast the aft deck lines! All muster on the main pool deck--I mean poop deck-- after room service--I mean the scullery cook--brings me another icy cold beer!

No comments: