Thursday, August 19, 2010

Putting Eggs in One Basket

Generally speaking, I don't listen to the news too much 'cause it's never very good and by the time some pretty voice is reading it to you over the airwaves, it's too late to do anything about it anyway, follow? So me and Dolly-girl keep our Zenith tuned to music. It just works out better that way what with her strongly held opinions--keeps the number of looks through the wave down--readers of this page know the sort of look I'm talkin' about...



Anyhoo, I'm on the road doing some business with people who need business done and the tourist house where I'm setting my brake this week keeps the news on in the breakfast room so as I really have to listen.




I was having a couple wrecked with Noah's boy this AM when the news came across about 380 million eggs being recalled. First I sorta smiled about recalling an egg. "Get back here mister, back in that carton." Then I looked down at the cackleberries on my plate. "Not to worry," said my hostess, "You're north of the border and only them eggs from the States called back."






Whew! That's a lotta hen fruit--more than one for every person in the country! But not us. Me and Dolly-girl? Well we buy our cackleberries local from happy hens. No siree, we can continue to enjoy ours--they've reached their final resting place!

No comments: