Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dispatch from Bilbao: Let's See, Where Were We?

Hmmm, it's been a while. Things got busy. We're having a good time. We're on the road. We don't always have access to the intertubes. Dolly-girl says, "You know, Jack, the reason they invented post cards and stamps is so that you don't have to do whatever it is you do when you are sitting over there at night when the sound of the waves from La Manche, which is what the Frenchies call the English Channel, are coming in through our window. Cough, hack, wheeze, hack." Dolly-girl is under the weather and I had to go parlez some French talk to get her a dose out of the blue bottle. Personally, I thought a couple-three doses out of the green bottle--you know, the one with the cork in it--would do more good.



Oh yeah, we were in Bilbao, or as the Basques call it, Bilbo. I call it that too. We went to the museum. I took some pictures. We walked. We ate. We drank some Spanish wine. The museum was great. The food was great. The wine was great. The walking was great. Bilbo is a place I'd go back to. Big Anish Kapoor exhibit. That alone made the trip to Bilbo worth it without all the other great stuff. Plus, for you Richard Serra fans...






We ate some pinxtos, which they call pinchos and I call dinner. We drank some wine. We saw some sculpture.

I'll tell you more later. Or not. Did I mention that this is a relaxing vacation? Oh, and Bilbo is on Spanish time. That's Stumptown minus, oh, I don't know, maybe that much. Or maybe not...

1 comment:

Karen said...

whoa, whoa, whoa; love the sculpture and architecture. WOW. Thanks!