Sunday, September 12, 2010

War on LARD! Update: A Visit to the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur,

Something caught my eye in one of them books Dolly-girl was reading before the trip. "Looming overhead, and over all of Paris, is the puffed up excrescence of LARD [emphasis is mine] called the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur." I figured I needed to pay homage to this monument that was built of LARD--what I guess we'd call pork-barrel these days.








I went in. Big signs said NO PHOTOS NO VIDEO and I sure as hell wasn't going to take a chance on God not being on my side in the War on LARD! so I put my camera away and I bought a postcard and took a picture of it to get this shot. I also made a contribution for a candle. I visited all the chapels and decided to light a candle at the statue of Saint Pierre because, frankly, he had a little roll of LARD! that showed through his robe. You will have to trust me on this one--remember, no photos. I also bought the official collectible medallion to use as an additional talisman. On to Lourdes!

No comments: